William J. Dakin
Bill has been in private law practice for 40 years and manages the probate, estate planning, elder law, and taxation practices at KKC. He is a member of the American Bar Association Committee on Taxation and the Connecticut Bar Association Committees on Taxation, Estate, and Probate. He is also a member of the Estate and Gift Tax Committee of the Connecticut Society of CPAs and the Tax and Probate Committees of the Connecticut Bar Association. Bill is a Certified Public Accountant and was an adjunct faculty member of the University of Hartford Graduate Tax Program for numerous years, teaching courses in Corporate Tax and Estate Planning.
In addition to his professional activities, Bill is a frequent lecturer on estate planning and tax matters. He was the founder and past President of the Business and Estate Council of Northeast Connecticut. He is involved in many community organizations, including Windham Hospital, Eastern Connecticut Health Network, and AHM Youth Services.
Some recent reviews
"Attorney Bill Dakin was amazing. He is an expert in his field - he knew all the answers, and replied in ways that were very clear, helping us to make important decisions with confidence. The KKC office and staff were organized and very professional."
"Our recent meeting with Atty. Dakin went very well. As always he was easy to understand and explained everything to us in a manner that was easy to comprehend. We will continue to solicit his advise and counsel on any future legal matters. Thank you!"
"We set up Trusts, Wills, Power of Attorney and Health Care Directive Documents. We had two office visits and some emails. Everything was well done and we are pleased with the results. Our Attorney, Bill Dakin, explained our various options and gave us plenty of time for questions."
- University of Miami School of Law (J.D.)
- Boston University School of Law (L.L.M., Taxation)
- University of Connecticut (B.A. in Accounting, Honors: magna cum laude)
- Connecticut Bar Association - Member, Committees on Taxation, Estate and Probate, Elder Law
- American Bar Association - Member on Taxation
- Tolland County Bar Association - Member
- Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Contested Probate Matters
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning
- Estates & Probate
- Farm Succession & Conservation
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Probate & Trust Administration
- Probate Appeals
- Taxation Law
- Trust Administration
- Connecticut, 1979
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit U.S. Tax Court, 1984
- Bolton Congregational Church
- Windham Hospital Foundation
- Journey Found
- AHM Youth and Family Services
- Blue Slope Country Museum
- Yale Food Hub
- Land for Good's Land Access Project
- Howard T. Dean Community Service Award