Stephen F. Sutton
Steve is a partner practicing in the areas of Estate Planning, Elder Law, Probate Administration, Business, and Taxation. He has been practicing over 23 years and received his Law Degree cum laude as well as a Masters in Law in Estate Planning and Elder Law from Western New England College School of Law. He is a member of the ABA Sections on Taxation and Business Law and is also a Certified Public Accountant in Connecticut and New York. Steve is active in numerous professional and civic organizations and is a frequent lecturer on Estate Planning, Elder Law, and Probate matters. Steve enjoys both participating in and watching sporting events, including softball and running, and coaches his daughter's softball team.
"Stephen Sutton and the team at KKC provided us outstanding service in setting up our estate plan. He was very helpful in providing us advice and suggestions on the best structure for our situation. He also did a great job of explaining complex legal and tax matters in a straightforward manner that helped us understand how these issues would impact us. We highly recommend them for legal services."
--S. Mahoney, 2/19/2020
"We were very satisfied with our dealings with KKC. Stephen Sutton was friendly, professional, helpful, and non-pushy. He answered all our questions and helped to guide us to sound decisions about our estate planning. We would definitely return to him if additional concerns arise in our financial/legal planning."
--C. Jones, 10/21/2019
"I was treated with respect, and everyone was very kind. I felt that Attorney Sutton was very knowledgeable, and explained everything to my understanding. I would definitely would recommend him to friends if need be. Thank you so much."
--L. Belisle, 8/15/2019
- Western New England College School of Law (LLM in Estate Planning and Elder Law, 2011; J.D., 1997, Honors: cum laude)
- Binghamton University (B.S. in Accounting, 1988)
- Connecticut Bar Association - Member, Section memberships: Estates and Probate, Elder Law, Business Law and Taxation
- Tolland County Bar Association - Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants - Member
- Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants - Member
- Estate and Business Planning Council of Hartford - Member
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys - Member
- Greater Hartford Probate Forum - Member
- University of Connecticut Foundation Planned Giving Advisory Council - Member
- Tolland County Chamber of Commerce, Inc. - Director and Former President
- East of the Rivers Chamber of Commerce Association - Former Co-Chairman
- Business Law
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning
- Probate & Trust Administration
- Taxation Law
- Connecticut, 1997
- U.S. Tax Court, 1998
- Sigma Alpha Epsilon
- Community Health Association, Inc.
- Vernon Community Arts Centre, Inc.
- Tolland Congregational Church
- Arts Center East
- Veterans Coffeehouse
- Connecticut Mayhem Softball Inc. - Director and Coach