Kevin joined Kahan Kerensky Capossela in 2013 as a Trusts, Estates, and Probate Partner, following over 20 years as a Partner at Tyler Cooper & Alcorn and Hinckley, Allen and Synder. He focuses his practice primarily on estate planning, trust creation and administration, probate law, and taxation. He belongs to the Estate and Business Planning Council of Greater Hartford and the Greater Hartford Probate Forum. He is a member of the Connecticut Bar Association Estate and Probate Executive Committee. He serves as trustee and represents other trustees for all types of trusts. Kevin is involved in many community and civic organizations, including Town Council, the South Windsor Community Foundation, Rotary International, and Women's Health Research at Yale.
"Today's appointment at KKC Law to sign my Will, Trust, Living Will, etc., was done seamlessly. The documents were quickly and efficiently handled, and it all took only about 35 minutes. I appreciate the professionalism of Attorney Kevin McCann, with Legal Assistance provided by Nancy and Ivy, in steering me through the process with ease. I feel relieved and thank them for getting it done."
"Worked w/ Attorney McCann. Work was complete and thorough. Provided some creative ideas we were not aware of to help achieve the financial goals regarding our purpose for using the firm. Very knowledgeable, helpful and team to work with."
- The Marshall-Wythe School of Law at College of William and Mary (J.D., 1983)
- Boston University Law School (LLM in Taxation, 1994)
- Furman University (BA, 1976)
- CBA Estates Probate - Executive Committee Member
- Estates and Business Planning Council - Member
- Greater Hartford Probate Council - Member
- Estate Planning
- Probate Administration
- Retirement Planning
- Trust Administration
- Connecticut State Courts, 1983
- U.S. District Court of Connecticut, 1984
- U.S. Courts of Appeals, 2nd Circuit, 1986
- South Windsor Rotary Club President
- South Windsor Community Foundation
- Women's Health Research at Yale
- Highest (A/V) Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Named Top Attorney in Greater Hartford in Trusts & Estates, Hartford Magazine