Christopher T. Bowen
Chris is a partner in KKC's Litigation Department and represents individuals and companies in a wide array of business and consumer disputes in a broad range of fields and industries at both the trial and appellate level in state and federal court. He also represents claimants and respondents in state administrative and private arbitration forums.
Chris's litigation practice is focused in the following areas: Commercial Foreclosures, Replevins, Collections and Evictions, Bankruptcy and Creditor’s Rights, Employment Litigation, Construction Litigation, Real Estate and Boundary Line Litigation, Probate Litigation, Personal Injury, and Insurance Disputes. He has represented clients in a variety of different contract and tort based claims. Chris has tried multiple cases to judgment, has jury trial experience, and has conducted multiple evidentiary hearings seeking interlocutory relief.
Prior to joining Kahan Kerensky Capossela, Chris worked at the Connecticut General Assembly drafting, negotiating, and lobbying leadership's legislative priorities.
He and his wife Alexandra spend their free time skiing, mountain biking, and on the beach in Narragansett, Rhode Island.
Examples of Industries and Sectors Represented
"I have nothing to say about about the firm and Atty Bowen and his team other than they could not have been better! Under his direction they were all prompt in response, accurate and helpful as we worked our way through a situation we never expected to confront. Without their expertise we would have lost a great deal. At our time of life it would have been extremely difficult had KK&C not won our case."
"Considering I had a ‘sticky’ situation and needed someone I could place my confidence in to resolve it - Chris Bowen was amazing. From start to finish he was always responsive and helpful. I was very pleased and would definitely recommend him to anyone needing legal services."
- Quinnipiac University School of Law (J.D., 2009)
- Villanova University (B.A. in Political Science, 2002, Minor: Economics)
- Mediation Certification through Quinnipiac Law School
- Connecticut Bar Association House of Delegates - Member
- Bankruptcy and Commercial Litigation Section of the Connecticut Bar Association - Executive Committee Member
- Connecticut Bar Association Legislative Policy & Review Committee - Member
- Connecticut Bar Association - Elections Committee, 2018-2022
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association - Member
- Tolland County Bar Association - former President
- Greater Hartford Transit District - former Director
- Bankruptcy and Creditor's Rights
- Business Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Contested Probate Matters
- Employment Litigation
- Collections and Evictions
- Litigation & Appeals
- Personal Injury & General Litigation
- Connecticut, 2009
- Recognized by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star in Connecticut in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, & 2020. Click here to review the selection criterion.