Christopher T. Bowen
Chris is a partner in KKC's Litigation Department and represents individuals and companies in a wide array of business and consumer disputes in a broad range of fields and industries at both the trial and appellate level in state and federal court. He also represents claimants and respondents in state administrative and private arbitration forums.
Chris's litigation practice is focused in the following areas: Commercial Foreclosures, Replevins, Collections and Evictions, Bankruptcy and Creditor’s Rights, Employment Litigation, Construction Litigation, Real Estate and Boundary Line Litigation, Probate Litigation, Personal Injury, and Insurance Disputes. He has represented clients in a variety of different contract and tort based claims. Chris has tried multiple cases to judgment, has jury trial experience, and has conducted multiple evidentiary hearings seeking interlocutory relief.
Prior to joining Kahan Kerensky Capossela, Chris worked at the Connecticut General Assembly drafting, negotiating, and lobbying leadership's legislative priorities.
Chris, his son, and his dog live in West Hartford.
"KKC was referred to us by our attorney due to their expertise in the area needed. We met with one of the attorneys and discussed details of our issue for an hour or so. We then signed on as a client and KKC went to work creating a case. KKC's communication was excellent and kept everyone including our attorney in the loop so everyone was working together. Christopher Bowen was our main attorney that negotiated the case with the defendant's lawyer. KKC's team built such a strong case with 9 criminal counts before any negotiations took place, and the case did not go to court. During negotiations we were willing to compromise but Christopher Bowen would advise not to get ahead of ourselves as we are not done yet. The end result was a total success. We highly recommend KKC for any legal services required."
"I have nothing to say about about the firm and Atty Bowen and his team other than they could not have been better! Under his direction they were all prompt in response, accurate and helpful as we worked our way through a situation we never expected to confront. Without their expertise we would have lost a great deal. At our time of life it would have been extremely difficult had KK&C not won our case."
"Considering I had a ‘sticky’ situation and needed someone I could place my confidence in to resolve it - Chris Bowen was amazing. From start to finish he was always responsive and helpful. I was very pleased and would definitely recommend him to anyone needing legal services."
- Quinnipiac University School of Law (J.D., 2009)
- Villanova University (B.A. in Political Science, 2002, Minor: Economics)
- Mediation Certification through Quinnipiac Law School
- Connecticut Bar Association House of Delegates - Member
- Bankruptcy and Commercial Litigation Section of the Connecticut Bar Association - Executive Committee Member
- Connecticut Bar Association Legislative Policy & Review Committee - Member
- Connecticut Bar Association - Elections Committee, 2018-2023
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association - Member
- Tolland County Bar Association - former President
- Greater Hartford Transit District - former Director
- Bankruptcy and Creditor's Rights
- Business Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Contested Probate Matters
- Employment Litigation
- Collections and Evictions
- Litigation & Appeals
- Personal Injury & General Litigation
- Connecticut, 2009
- Recognized by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star in Connecticut in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, & 2020. Click here to review the selection criterion.