Christopher T. Bowen
CHRISTOPHER T. BOWEN practices in the Litigation Department in our Vernon Office. Mr. Bowen represents clients in Connecticut's state and federal courts and the state’s administrative forums, focusing his practice in the following areas: Commercial and Residential Foreclosures, Replevins, Collections and Evictions; Bankruptcy and Creditor’s Rights; Employment Litigation; Construction Litigation; Real Estate and Boundary Line Litigation; Probate Litigation; Personal Injury and Insurance Disputes.
Attorney Bowen has represented individuals and companies in a wide array of business and consumer disputes in a wide range of fields and industries at both the trial and appellate level and in binding arbitration (AAA and FINRA).
Prior to joining KKC, Mr. Bowen served as a policy aide at the Connecticut General Assembly, drafting and negotiating legislation that impacted a variety of industries.
Attorney Bowen is admitted to practice before the Connecticut Superior Court, the State Appellate Court, the U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut, the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Connecticut and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit.
In 2016, Mr. Bowen was recognized by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star in Connecticut.
- Wage and Hour, Wrongful Termination, Unemployment Compensation, Discrimination and Non-Compete Disputes
- Mechanic’s Lien Foreclosures and Construction Disputes
- Boundary line, Adverse Possession and Easement Disputes
- Mortgage Foreclosures, Personal Property Replevins and Evictions
- Representation of Creditors in Bankruptcy Court
- Contested Probate Matters
- Personal Injury
- Claims Against Commercial and Residential/Consumer Insurers for Property Damage and Lost Business Income Claims
- Claims Against Securities Broker-Dealers for Breach of Contract or Standard of Care
- Defense of Federal Civil Forfeiture Claim
Examples of Industries and Sectors Represented:
- Institutional Banks and Boutique Lenders
- Physician Practices
- Automotive Dealerships and Repair
- Executive Search and Temporary Staffing Firms
- Private Airline Catering
- Airline Maintenance, Servicing and Support
- Manufacturing Operation Focusing on Aerospace and Medical Sectors
- Lobbying and Governmental Affairs Firms
- Residential and Commercial Construction - General Contractors, Subcontractors and Owners
- Developer of Robotic Systems for Automated Manufacturing
- Commercial Property Owners and Property Management Companies
- Farming and Agricultural Interests
- Quinnipiac University School of Law, Hamden, Connecticut, 2009
Doctor of Jurisprudence
- Villanova University, Villanova, Pennsylvania, 2002
Bachelor of Arts; Major: Political Science; Minor: Economics
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Connecticut Bar Association - Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section -
Executive Committee and Legistative Comittee Member
- Hartford County Bar Association - Commercial Law Section - Co Chair
- Tolland County Bar Association - Past President
- Greater Hartford Transit District - former Director
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association - Member